Thursday, April 12, 2007

A routine check

First thought for this blog - Routines. They're far too comfortable. I think everyone falls into a routine for the day.

I've noticed it during my working week in Bury. It starts with the car park - so many people have 'their' space in which to park, me included. It's like we're on autopilot when driving in.
But now that the good weather is here, the Wednesday market throws a spanner in the works. Suddenly there are people nipping in early and claiming those spaces. So you drive on and find somewhere different to park. When hometime comes I've lost count of the number of times I head for my usual spot and then stop and look around in bemusement.

In work there's regular websites to visit - blogs, news, finance... and probably at the same time each day too. Same goes for coffee breaks and lunch time.

Again the good weather means I can spend lunchtimes sat in the Abbey Gardens. Where, you've guessed it, I head for a usual spot to sit. And so do quite a few other people. I wonder if they're the ones who are parked in the same places?

No comments: